The CAPITAL THEATER
PASSAIC , New Jersey
“Had some Good Times Here”
The ROLLING STONES , The GRATEFUL DEAD , The ALLMAN BROTHER BAND
and CHEECH and CHONG
The CAPITAL was The FILMORE EAST of NEW JERSEY
The Capitol Theatre was an entertainment venue located at the intersection of Monroe Street and Central Avenue in Passaic, New Jersey. Built in 1926 as a vaudeville house, the Capitol later served as a movie theater (in its later years a XXX movie theatre) and (after John Scher bought the property) a venue for rock concerts.
Throughout the 1970s and into the mid-1980s, the 3,200-seat theatre was a popular stop on nearly every major rock artist’s tour. The venue was known for its in-house video system which resulted in a number of good quality, black and white video bootlegs. After it closed, the building fell into disrepair and it was demolished in April 1991. A shopping center known as Capitol Plaza occupies the site now.
The Marshall Tucker Band concert from February 18, 1977, which was recorded at the Capitol Theatre was released on December 4, 2007 as a 2 CD/DVD package, called Carolina Dreams Tour ’77 marking the 30th anniversary of the concert, on Shout! Factory/Ramblin’ Records distributed by Sony BMG. This is the only known footage of a complete concert by the original members.
The video for the #1 hit by Bryan AdamsRod Stewart, and Sting called “ All For Love” was filmed at the Capitol Theatre.
The band The Brothers Johnson filmed a video at the theater on April 25, 1980.
The ROLLING STONES Play a SUPRISE CONCERT
At The CAPITAL THEATER
PASSAIC , NEW JERSEY
June 14th  1978





BOOTLEG RECORDING 

of The ROLLING STONES

CAPITAL THEATER CONCERT

June 14th 1978

Entire Concert
The BANDS WHO PLAYED THERE

 

MICK JAGGER
Playing a FENDER STRATOCASTER
The CAPITAL THEATER
June 14th  1978
STONES SUPRISE CONCERT
The ROLLING STONES CONCERT
Capital Theater, June 14, 1978
SET LIST
The BIG LEBOWSKIC COOKBOOK
GOT ANY KAHLUA ?
Daniel Zwicke
.
Advertisements