KEEF’S FAVORITE SHEPHERD’S PIE
Yes Keef, as in Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, the World’s
Greatest Rock-N-Roll Band ever! But you know that. This is the way Keith likes his Shepherds Pie, his SHEPHERD’S PIE Recipe can be found in THE BADASS COOKBOOK … And it’s printed here. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1. Put potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring the water to the boil. Lower to a simmer and cook the potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes once cooked.
3. Put cooked, drained potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the butter and season with salt and black pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato -masher or whip with an electric mixer. If using ahand potato-masher, mash potatoes with masher, then mix by hand with a wooden spoon until nicely whipped.
4. Heat a large frying-pan. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add ground-beef, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add onions, continue cooking for minutes on high heat. Lower heat to low flame and cook 4 minutes more.
5. Add carrots and beef broth to pan. Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan. Cook over low flame for 8 minutes.
6. Add peas to pan, cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour Beef Mixture into a glass or ceramic baking dish. Evenly top beef with the mashed potatoes.
8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes, then place under the boiler until potatoes get nicely browned. Take care not to burn the potatoes once they are under the broiler.
9. Let cool slightly for 3 minutes and serve.
in The BADASS COOKBOOK by Daniel Zwicke
IT’S KEEF’S FAVORITE !!!